Adobe has launched new software packages from the Acrobat X family – Acrobat X, Reader X, the Acrobat X Suite and new online document exchange services.
Mark Szulc, Product Manager for Acrobat in Australia and New Zealand,
said, “During our pre-release programme in Australia and New Zealand,
the customer feedback highlighted that the changes to the user interface
have been particularly well received. We’re confident the additional
workflow and collaboration benefits of Acrobat X will make life easier
for knowledge workers.”
The fleet of new Acrobat X products is due to ship within 30 days and are available now via Adobe’s New Zealand Store.
- Acrobat X Standard is expected to be AU$489 (including GST) ($227 upgrade (including GST))
- Acrobat X Pro is expected to be AU$728 (including GST) ($324 upgrade (including GST))
- Acrobat X Suite is expected to be AU$2007 (including GST) ($1333 upgrade (including GST))
- Automate routine, multi-step tasks with new guided Actions and easily share them with co-workers.
- Change how users view, think and interact with content and its context with PDFs using new layouts, visual themes and colour palettes.
- Use Photoshop and Acrobat to create communications with the new Acrobat X Suite. Quickly capture, edit and combine digital content right from the desktop.
- Microsoft SharePoint integration - check-in, check-out PDF files for reviewing and editing shared documents.
- Streamlined process for organisations to deploy, conform to ISO standards, in both Adobe Reader X and Acrobat X, including support for Microsoft SCCM and SCUP.
- Display the most commonly used tools all in one pane.
- Commenting is now available with Sticky Notes and Highlighter tools available to all.
- PDF access offered across mobile devices with free Adobe Reader X for Android, Windows Phone 7 and Blackberry Tablet OS.
- Safer viewing of PDF files with new Protected Mode security.
- SendNow, a new document exchange service, enables users to send and receive large files and track them with proof of receipt.
- CreatePDF for converting files to PDF documents from within Adobe Reader X or any web browser.