Apple App Store turns 5 = free presents
To celebrate the App Store turning five, Apple is giving away a selection of free apps and games to customers.
In the run-up to the official birthday on Wednesday, the tech giant has taken to Twitter to announce the promotion, but with no official end date revealed - best take advantage while you can.
Dating back to July 10, 2008, Apple introduced the first official iPhone app store alongside the iPhone 3G and iPhone OS 2.0.
Fast forward five years and customers are eagerly awaiting the iPhone 5S/6, while forever downloading millions of apps on a daily basis.
To celebrate, Apple is offering ten free apps in total with five falling under the games category. They are as follows:
• Barefoot World Atlas ($4.99)
• Day One, a journal and note-taking app ($4.99)
• How to Cook Everything, a cookbook ($9.99)
• Over, a photo editing app ($1.99)
• Traktor DJ for iPhone and iPad, an app for creating your own thumping club mixes ($4.99 and $19.99)
• Frogmind's Badland ($3.99)
• Chair Entertainment's Infinity Blade II ($6.99)
• Capybara Games' Superbrothers: Sword and Sworcery EP ($4.99)
• Andreas Illiger's Tiny Wings and Tiny Wings HD ($0.99 and $2.99)
• Disney's Where's My Water? ($0.99)
Looking back over five years, what has been your favourite iOS app? Tell us your best below