D-Link A/NZ has launched their AC2600 Wi-Fi Range Extender (DAP-1860).
This extender is equipped with D-Link’s Whole Home Wi-Fi technology that includes four external antennas and amplifiers designed to optimise coverage and maximise range, eliminating wireless dead zones in hard-to-reach areas like upstairs bedrooms and outdoor areas.
The D-Link DAP-1860 can extend the wireless coverage of any Wi-Fi router, however, when paired with a D-Link PowerZone enabled router or modem router, enables a mesh solution with a single network name across the entire home, creating a seamless Whole Home Wi-Fi experience.
The DAP-1860 Wi-Fi Range Extender comes packed with advanced features including dual-band connectivity with speeds of up to 2600Mbps, Advanced AC SmartBeam to enhance signal strength, and a Smart Signal Indicator to guide users to find the best placement for optimal coverage.
For added performance, the AC2600 Extender incorporates multi-user MIMO (MU-MIMO) technology that enables simultaneous transmission to groups of clients, making more efficient use of available Wi-Fi network capacity and speeding up transmissions.
D-Link A/NZ MD Graeme Reardon says, “More connected devices mean a greater need for a strong reliable connection covering the entire home.
“The new DAP-1860 AC2600 Wi-Fi Range Extender helps guarantee this allowing users to place devices anywhere in their home without having to worry about a slow or intermittent Wi-Fi connection.”
Like all D-Link’s Range Extenders, the AC2600 Extender features a simple one-button installation – users need only press the WPS button on the Router and then on the Extender to sync and instantly increase the coverage of a wireless home network. Users whose routers do not have a WPS button can use a web browser or D-Link’s free mobile app for simple setup.
More about the AC2600 Wi-Fi Range Extender:
• 11AC Wi-Fi Dual Band Connectivity – Up to 1,733Mbps on the 5GHz band and 800Mbps on the 2.4GHz band for maximum throughput with less Wi-Fi interference
• MU-MIMO Technology – MU-MIMO technology handles high-bandwidth network traffic on multiple devices at the same time
• Smart Signal Indicator – Helps find the best location for optimal Wi-Fi coverage throughout the home
• High-Speed Gigabit Ethernet Port – Ensures the best wired online experience for 4K/HD streaming and gaming
• SmartConnect – Allocates the best possible band for optimal Wi-Fi performance
• AP Mode Option – Configures as AP mode to enable a Wi-Fi hotspot through a wired Ethernet connection
• Plug-and-Play installation – Easily connect to wireless networks securely using the latest encryption methods
Availability and Pricing
The D-Link AC2600 Wi-Fi Range Extender (DAP-1860) is available now in New Zealand for $299.99 and from all authorised D-Link retailers and resellers in New Zealand.