Dell will begin taking orders for the Dell Streak Tablet in the US from Thursday, with general availability following a day later.
We’ve contacted Dell in New Zealand for an update on the Streak’s local launch.
Dell's New Zealand distributor, Simms, would not be drawn on a possible release date when contacted.
The Dell Streak is available for US$299.99 with new two-year AT&T contract or US$549.99 without.
Customers who purchased the Streak after pre-ordering get a “free second-day shipping upgrade”. Customers who redeem pre-sale coupons get to buy a bluetooth earpiece for 99 cents.
The first real competitor to market against Apple’s iPad is aimed at students, mobile professionals and families.
"The Dell Streak has found a way to fit your whole world in a 5-inch screen. Its unique size will help people discover new ways to enjoy the web, connect with friends, and navigate their lives," said Ron Garriques, President, Dell.
Features at a glance:
- Integrated Google Maps with turn-by-turn navigation, street and satellite views
- A full screen browsing experience with a 5-inch capacitive multi-touch WVGA display
- Easily integrated social media apps: Twitter, Facebook, YouTube
- High resolution 5 MP camera, VGA front facing camera, removable battery, built-in Wi-Fi, 3G and Bluetooth connectivity options
- 2GB of internal storage
- Packaged with cushions made from 100 percent sustainable, compostable bamboo
Specifications at a glance:
- Android platform complete with Android Market and Dell user interface enhancements
- Powered by Qualcomm's Snapdragon solution with integrated 1GHz processor
- 3G + Wi-Fi + Bluetooth
- UMTS / GPRS / EDGE class 12 GSM radio with link speeds of up to 7.2 Mbps
- 5 MP Autofocus camera with dual LED flash. Easily point, shoot, and upload.
- User accessible Micro SD expandable memory available up to 32GB