The recent leaks turned out to be true as Destiny 2 will indeed be out later this year for the PS4, Xbox One and even the PC.
Bungie and Activision announced that Destiny 2 will be out on September 8h, 2017. It will have a recommended retail price in New Zealand of $99.95 NZD for the standard edition.
A reveal trailer can be seen below. If you want to see extensive gameplay, you will have to wait until May 18th, 2017 when Bungie will livestream hands-on gameplay.
A beta for the game will also be available to play later this year. The beta will launch first on PS4 with the other platforms getting it at a later date. A rundown of the game's features can be seen below.
- Dramatic, Cinematic Story and Missions with Relatable Characters
- New Worlds and Stunning Environments to Explore with Action, Adventure, and Discoverable Rewards
- Gameplay Activities for All Types of Players: New, Returning, Casual, and Competitive
- Competitive PvP Gameplay with New Maps and Modes
- Customise Your Character with More Options Than Ever Before to Enhance Your Abilities