FutureFive NZ - How do you take your internet?

Warning: This story was published more than a year ago.

How do you take your internet?

The majority of internet subscribers in New Zealand are choosing plans which offer larger quantities of data, more accessibility options, and faster download speed, according to Statistics New Zealand.

Almost 80% of broadband subscribers have a data cap of 5GB per month or more, with the average subscriber consuming 9GB per month. That leaves just over 20% with less than 5GB, compared with around 40% in June 2010.

Speed is also on the way up, with the proportion of users enjoying upload speeds upwards of 1.5MB per second increasing by 70%.

The figures come from an annual survey of kiwi ISPs. Compared with the previous survey, 14% more kiwis are subscribed to broadband, at almost 1.5 million.

The number of people using alternative technologies, such as cellular, cable or satellite connections, rose 50%, with almost 2 million kiwis using a mobile phone to access the internet in the three months to June 30, 2011.

Go here to download a copy of the results.

Interested in this topic?
We can put you in touch with an expert.

Follow Us


next-story-thumb Scroll down to read: