The first information on Killzone 3 has hit the internet following the release of US magazine, Game Informer.
Nothing is safe from the internet, especially not first word on something as big as Killzone 3. One reader was so excited by the news, that he posted a bullet-point list of the article’s highlights. We shouldn’t have to say it, but watch out for SPOILERS!!!
Here’s what you’re looking at:
- Will show the Helghast have humanity left in them.
- Will have the feeling that "of being in a place far away from home, outnumbered by people who want to kill you."
- Will be like Inglorious Basterds.
- All of the characters in the screenshots are flying in.. jetpacks?!
- Will include arctic levels.
- One mission in the game involves rescuing ISA Captain Narville.
- Game is playable in 3D!
- Have to wear 3D glasses, apparently the 3D effects are "crazy."
- Combat is "unchanged from predecessor."
- Or is it? Hand to hand combat involves you "Unloading a string of different (and often brutal) attacks on stunned enemies."
- The scale is supposed to be "bigger this time."
- The Jetpacks are "surprisingly lightweight and agile, Killzone 3's jetpack is easier to maneuver compared to the sluggish incarnations of the gadget found in other games."
- New weapon called the Wasp, basically shoots a "flurry of rockets" at an enemy.
- Will show off the Helghast culture.
- There is actually a Helghast language, which will be explored in the game.
- Will have "diverse locales."
- Have to sit in the centre of the 3D tv for the 3D effects to work.
- 3D in this game is called a "Game Changer."
- Jetpacks double as a weapon, which basically means a machine gun mounted right on top of it.
- If you shoot Helghast with jetpacks, they'll "explode like roman candles"
- To control the jetpack, you "have to activate bursts of speed in midair, propelling yourself across further distances."
- The Jetpack resembles something you'd do in platformers such as Super Mario Bros. Or Uncharted
- In one mission, you have to use the jetpack by "launching yourself from glacier to glacier"
- Everything is more spread out in this game.
- The game looks very complete.
- Helghast hold ISA responsible for basically everything.
- The Helghast are P.I.S.S.E.D.
- To clarify; YOU NEED A 3D TV WITH GLASSES TO PLAY KZ3 in 3D. It is optional, not mandatory.
- Guerilla wants a deeper conflict.
- When the Helghast lost the first Extrasolar War, they got banished from Vekta (they used to rule Vekta and Helghan) they were forced to live on the Helghan, which transformed them eventually into the Helghast. Did I mention that the Helghast are still P.I.S.S.E.D. about this?
If you’re keen, you can find scans of the article here.