The Oxford Learner’s Thesaurus is celebrating World Thesaurus Day today with a promotion on its app for iOS and Android.
Users of the app will be able to download 100 entries to the app for free, before buying the full dictionary. The full dictionary contains 17,000 synonyms and opposites. The full app is available at up to 40% for today only.
The Oxford Learner’s Thesaurus is designed to help learners of English understand the difference between similar words in written and spoken English.
The full Oxford Learner’s Thesaurus app includes:
· Clear explanations of over 17,000 synonyms and opposites.
· Usage notes to identify the exact difference between similar words.
· Guidance on which words are used most frequently.
· Help with choosing the right words for the context: formal/informal, written/spoken, approving/disapproving.
· Hear the words and their synonyms spoken by real British and American voices.
· 30 topic word lists which users can add to or edit.
· Create and edit your own lists of favourite words.
· Find the word you’re looking for easily, with the alphabetical index.
· With the ‘Did you mean…?’ function and wildcard search users can find a word even if they don’t know the spelling.
· Use ‘History’ to view the last 100 looked up words.
The free download will give users 100 sample entries from the dictionary. An in-app purchase is required to activate the full dictionary.
The Oxford Learner’s Thesaurus Android app is available here.
The Oxford Learner’s Thesaurus iOS app is available here.