Plantronics recently announced their latest wireless headphones - the new BackBeat 500 series.
The on-ear Bluetooth stereo headphones incorporate quality audio, a lightweight design and up to 18 hours of listening and talk time on a single charge.
With an MSRP of less than $130 NZD, the BackBeat 500 Series certainly comes in at the more affordable end of the wireless headphones scale, making the transition to wireless listening simple without sacrificing quality, comfort and your budget.
Plantronics National Retail Sales Manager for Australia and New Zealand, Peter Petrides says more and more consumers today are ditching the cord and stepping up to the wireless listening experience.
“At the same time, they are unwilling to compromise on the high standards that come with a wired connection. The BackBeat 500 Series is designed to be your perfect first pair of wireless headphones that provide an exceptional experience without breaking the bank,” says Petrides.
With best-in-class battery life, all-day comfort and Plantronics’ signature high quality audio, they bring simplicity and reliability to those who are looking to transition into the world of the wireless.”
Some of the specs of the headphones include 40mm drivers and a bass tube design for deep rich sound, comfortable memory foam ear cushions, on-ear controls to provide easy access for calls and music, and a sideband-enabled mic to enable access to Siri, Google Now, or Cortana straight from the headphones
- Bluetooth 4.1 connectivity enables the user to be up to 10 metres away from the device
- Ear cups rotate to lay flat for compact storage
- DeepSleep hibernation mode helps maintain battery charge for up to six months when headphones are out of range or left on
- If you are still connected to the cord, the headphones do come with a 3.5mm jack and analog cable
- Automatically connect up to two devices at once and pair up to a total of eight devices
The headphones are available in three colours - white, grey and dark grey.