Review: MyDrive File Server for iPad/iPhone
Sharing files in between devices can be a bit of a hassle if you’re mainly mobile based or if you find uploading it to the cloud or emailing it to each other a bit of a hassle - not to mention if the files are particularly large or there are a few e.g. photos.
The MyDrive File Server for iPad/iPhone is a great solution for families or people who want to share files between themselves quickly and easily.
The device is works as a file manager which allows you to attach a USB pen drive or even a hard drive to it, and is connected to your Internet router and with the app available through the Apple Store you can access the files through the network it creates.
* Handy and useful for families or a person who has multiple devices and wants an easy way to transfer files between them.
* Looks good - matches Apple’s minimalistic style
* Easy to set up
* Requires some technological understanding
* Can only used when it is wired to the router
* Requires power to access it.
The MyDrive (now renamed the MeDrive) is a useful product to have, however if you don’t understand networks or transferring files across them it might not be the product for you.
However, if used correctly and by the right people it can be useful as an alternative to uploading to the Cloud or emailing, especially if the files are particularly large.