Facebook has revealed the top rated social games of 2012, documenting an emergence of new game categories.
Music trivia game SongPop was the crowd favourite this year, with social mobile games Dragon City and Bike Race coming in at second and third.
The social networking site also said 2012 was the most international for games, with the majority coming from outside the U.S., ranging from France, Spain and the U.K. to Brazil, South Korea, Australia, and Turkey.
Zynga led the U.S. with the most games on the list including their latest game, FarmVille2 and the social mobile game Draw Something.
"In the social games world this year we saw the emergence of new categories of games, high quality graphics and immersive gameplay, and games built by big and small developers from around the world," Facebook said.
"It was the most diverse and global year for social games to date - for those on Facebook.com, as well as games built with Facebook for iPhone, iPad and Android.
"We've pulled together the list of the 25 top rated games, based on games that launched in 2012 and received the highest star ratings from players and engagement levels over the course of the year."
Top rated games of the year:
• SongPop (FreshPlanet)
• Dragon City (Social Point)
• Bike Race (Top Free games)
• Subway Surfers (Kiloo)
• Angry Birds Friends (Rovio)
• FarmVille 2 (Zynga)
• Scramble with Friends (Zynga)
• Clash of Clans (Supercell)
• Marvel: Avengers Alliance (Playdom)
• Draw Something (Zynga)
• Hay Day (Supercell)
• Baseball Heroes (Syntasia)
• ChefVille (Zynga)
• CSR Racing (NaturalMotion Games)
• Candy Crush Saga (King.com)
• Matching With Friends (Zynga)
• Legend Online (OASIS GAMES)
• Jurassic Park Builder (Ludia)
• Dungeon Rampage (Rebel Entertainment)
• Pockie Ninja II Social (NGames Limited)
• Jetpack Joyride (Halfbrick)
• Social Empires (Social Point)
• Bil ve Fethet (Peak Games)
• Ruby Blast Adventures (Zynga)
• Pyramid Solitaire Saga (King.com)
Which game do you play most? Tell us your favourites below