Twitter tweaked for iPhone, iPad
Apparently Twitter for iPhone is already the third-most popular way to access Twitter, after Twitter.com and mobile.twitter.com.
The official iPad app, on the other hand, is the number one way people connect with Twitter on the Apple tablet.
Twitter has today introduced a handful of new features and the update is now live in New Zealand.
Along with the new features are 'promoted trends', which are ad spots companies can buy for US$70,000 to $80,000 per day.
New features include:
- Photos: There’s a camera button in the toolbar and we improved the image preview, so you can quickly choose a photo from your library or take a new picture.
- Follow your friends: Now you can find which of your friends are on Twitter that have chosen to be discoverable through the contacts on your phone.
- Local trends: See trends based on your location.
- Shorten links: Just paste a link into the Tweet box and Twitter will automatically shorten it.
- Tweet box design: We redesigned the "New Tweet” screen so it’s now cleaner and simpler.
- Autocomplete: For @usernames and hashtags to help you tweet faster.
- Direct Messages: The new Direct Message conversation view helps you better keep track of messages.
Shout out below when you see the update go live.