FutureFive NZ - [UPDATE] Super Mario Galaxy 2 due for May release

Warning: This story was published more than a year ago.

[UPDATE] Super Mario Galaxy 2 due for May release

Nintendo has announced an American release date of May 23 for the highly anticipated sequel to Super Mario Galaxy for Nintendo Wii.

The announcement was made at the Nintendo Summit in San Francisco, where a playable version of Super Mario Galaxy 2 is reportedly on display. Around 90% of the game will consist of entirely new levels, with the remaining 10% consisting of repurposed levels from the first game with different objectives.

While no New Zealand release date has been announced at the time of writing, it's safe to assume that it will be close to the US release date.

Nintendo has also announced at a media conference in Melbourne that the next title in the Metroid series, Metroid: Other M, will hit shelves by mid-year as well.

UPDATE - 10.30am: Trailer added.

Interested in this topic?
We can put you in touch with an expert.

Follow Us


next-story-thumb Scroll down to read: