FutureFive NZ - Users beware… of the exploding iPad Air

Warning: This story was published more than a year ago.

Users beware… of the exploding iPad Air

Apple's brand new iPad Air device exploded into a "burst of flames", leaving Australian shoppers startled at the burning device in a Canberra Vodafone store.

With the explosion so severe, firefighters were called to fight the sparks, evacuating the entire shop in the process.

According to a Vodafone spokesperson, "a burst of flames" appeared from the charging port of the newly released product, in what was a demonstration model for the shop.

Since the embarrassing incident, in which no staff members or customers were hurt, Apple has retrieved the burnt out device in a bid to examine what went wrong, with many claiming the tablet suffered extreme heat before destroying itself.

Unsurprisingly Cupertino has yet to comment on the device, which officially went on sale to Kiwis in New Zealand on November 5.

Interested in this topic?
We can put you in touch with an expert.

Follow Us


next-story-thumb Scroll down to read: