Independent developer Croteam and game label Devolver Digital, have announced that The Talos Principle VR is available now on Steam and is compatible with the HTC Vive and Oculus Rift.
This is the VR reimagining of the award-winning first-person puzzler.
The Talos Principle VR is a virtual reality reimagining of Croteam's critically acclaimed first-person puzzle game in the tradition of philosophical science fiction.
Redesigned from the ground up, The Talos Principle VR features room scale VR support, multiple movement modes and fully customizable VR controls which take full advantage of the HTC Vive.
The Talos Principle VR owners will also receive the four-episode Road to Gehenna VR expansion for free with purchase.
Fork Parker, Devolver Digital CFO says, “If you thought solving puzzles in The Talos Principle made you feel like a genius then you're going to pee your philosophical pants in The Talos Principle VR.
- The road to Gehenna expansion is included, so users can explore a brand new narrative through four episodes that will challenge them with some of the most advanced puzzles in The Talos Principle.
- True locomotion support, players can teleport, instant teleport, blink teleport, classic full locomotion (with or without comfort mode).
- Go with the safe built-in teleportation system or tweak and adjust the way you jump through the VR space to best suit your playing style.
- Use your hands to divert drones, manipulate laser beams and even replicate time to prove your worth, or to find a way out.
- Room Scale support: Explore the game world as if you were actually there.
- Overcome numerous puzzles in an immersive and stunning VR world.
- Explore a story about humanity, technology and civilization. Uncover clues, devise theories, and make up your own mind.
- Choose your own path through the game's non-linear world, solving puzzles your way.