Review: CyberPower Value SOHO Series UPS - VALUE600EI
Although an Uninterrupted Power Supply (UPS) is usually not a home purchase, there is the CyberPower Value SOHO Series which is smaller than most UPS devices and is aimed towards smaller business and homes.
It also features a port which will protect phone, fax and modem lines from power surges and the Automatic Power Regulator (AVP) helps to maintain a safer power levels for the devices without tapping into the battery power.
Like other CyberPower UPS devices it does claim to be able to save up to 75% on your electricity bill with the in-built GreenPower Energy-Saving Technology.
- GreenPower UPS Technology
- Automatic Voltage Regulator (AVR)
- EMI, RFI, Surge and Lightning Spike Protection
- Phone/Fax/Modem/DSL/Network Protection
- Auto-Restart/Auto-Charge using the PowerPanel® Personal Edition Software
- LCD Status Monitor
- USB & Serial Connectivity Ports
- Equipment Protection Policy up to 25,000 AUD
- Weighing at 4.8kg it isn’t something that will be moved around a lot the home or office.
- Using the software does require knowledge of power systems and what the status of the device is.
The CyberPower SOHO Series is definitely more aimed towards a home with 2 power ports available ideal for just a computer or modem and phone.
Although it claims to save on 75% on an electricity bill, that wasn’t able to be fully tested in this review. Several of the features are only accessible via the software which does require some understanding.