D-Link’s Omna 180 Cam HD gets Android Support
When I reviewed D-Link’s Omna 180 Cam HD I was disappointed in the otherwise superb camera’s Apple exclusivity. Well, that’s all changed with the release of the new D-Link Omna App, which adds some new features to the camera, including android Support.
The updated, free, Omna app adds Android support and is available now on Google Play. The Omna app enhancements include event notifications, remote live streaming, and a new pinch-to-zoom capability that allows users to zoom in on areas of the camera's live view to see more detail. Additionally, the Omna app now allows users to conveniently enable or disable night vision and the LED indicator light.
D-Link ANZ MD Graeme Reardon said, “The Omna app's new features and enhancements now allow Android users the same full functionality as iOS users which in turn makes Omna an even more attractive product to anyone using a smartphone or tablet.”
The D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD now overs peace of mind for both Android and Apple users while away from home - including two-way audio and a wide-angle lens for wall-to-wall coverage in crisp 1080p Full HD. Users can also view locally saved videos clips via the microSD card slot for affordable surveillance with no monthly fees.
The first camera to work with Apple's smart home platform, HomeKit, the Omna 180 Cam HD launched earlier this year. Underscoring its commitment to a connected home experience, D-Link has leveraged customer feedback to build on the Omna user experience. With both Android and iOS support, the Omna app provides accessible remote viewing for all users wanting to monitor their homes.
D-Link Omna 180 HD Camera Key Features:
• 180-Degree Field of View – D-Link's unique 180-degree solutions and de-warping technology allow users to see just about everywhere and everything.
• Dynamic Video Streaming – Video bitrate continuously adjusts to ensure optimal performance given the available bandwidth.
• Two-Way Audio – Listen and speak using the camera's built-in microphone and speaker, so users can still make their presence known even when not at home.
• Motion Detection – Receive motion detection alerts and view motion detection-triggered video clips to know what's going on at home.
• Local Recording – Record motion detection-triggered video clips directly to a microSDXC card up to 128 GB; offers more flexibility on recording video locally to the camera without impacting network or Internet bandwidth, all with no recurring monthly fees.
The new Omna app is available now as a free download from Google Play for Android devices. For iOS users, the Omna 180 HD Camera iOS update is also available on the App Store for iPhones and iPads.
Omna 180 Cam HD is available for purchase at dlink.com.au, dlink.co.nz, apple.com.au, apple.co.nz, in Apple stores and all leading Retailers for AUD$249.95 and NZ$299.99.