ANZ is finally rolling out Google Pay for its customers with Android devices, two years after releasing Apple Pay for iOS customers.
Android Pay will now be available for ANZ New Zealand personal Visa debit or credit card customers. If they have a compatible smartphone that runs Android 5.0 (Lollipop) or higher, they will now be able to make contactless payments.
“Google Pay is a great addition to our mobile payment options,” comments ANZ Head of Digital and Transformation Liz Maguire.
“ANZ customers can pay with Google Pay everywhere contactless payments are accepted both in New Zealand and around the world.”
Google Pay will now replace ANZ’s own Android mobile wallet known as goMoney, which was launched in 2015.
ANZ says goMoney was one of the first mobile wallet apps available in New Zealand, but it will be phased out from October this year. goWallet Customers will no longer be able to use their digital cards at smart ATMs, although ANZ says it is looking to reintroduce this functionality.
“We’ll be getting in touch with our existing Android goMoney Wallet customers over the coming weeks, encouraging them to set up Google Pay,” Maguire continues.
ANZ says that the move to Google Pay will mean customers get a faster and more reliable way to make contactless payments – especially on older Android devices. It will also allow more customers to take advantage of Android mobile payment solutions.
How to set up Google Pay:
Download the Google Pay app from the Google Play Store to your Android device, ensuring it is running Android Lollipop 5.0 or higher.
1. Log into ANZ goMoney.
2. From the main navigation menu tap the ‘Google Pay’ icon.
3. Select the card you want to add to Google Pay.
4. Tap ‘next’ and read and agree to the ANZ Google Pay Terms and Conditions (Note: For security purposes ANZ may ask to send you a verification code or ask you to call ANZ to verify).
5. Repeat this process for each card you wish to add, the first card you add will become your default card.
6. Go to your device’s Settings menu and make Google Pay the default payment app.