Microsoft has launched the new Windows 6.5 operating system which enables users to back up and share data from their phones like never before. The options available on Windows enabled phones include:
• An enhanced Windows Live experience with What's New feeds and improved Windows Live photo sharing across major social networking sites (such as Twitter, Facebook, MySpace and Flickr)
• The ability to manage multiple email accounts right from their phone with Outlook Mobile and Exchange Server synchronization
• The ability to use PowerPoint and open and edit Word and Excel documents from their phone with Outlook Office Mobile
• The power to sync files on the phone through Windows Live Media Manager and play media files seamlessly with Windows Media Player
• A redesigned Windows Internet Explorer mobile browser with Adobe Flash Lite that brings the mobile Web browsing experience closer to what people have come to expect from their PC.
“The release of Windows Mobile 6.5 opens an exciting chapter in mobility for Microsoft and delivers the features users want most from their phones – choice, ease of use, and great applications for work or for play,” says Ursula Lawgun, Windows Mobile Channel Manager, Microsoft New Zealand.
“Never before has Microsoft offered such a compelling mobile phone offering, across such a broad range of devices. A Windows phone lets people take their entire world of digital information, communications, applications and entertainment with them wherever they go.
In addition to the launch of Windows Mobile 6.5, Microsoft is also debuting two new services. My Phone is a free service that helps people manage and back up information stored on their phone.
My Phone automatically synchronizes specific types of content, such as contacts, appointments, texts photos for example, to a password protected Web site.
Users can also publish their photos from the My Phone Web Site or their phone directly to Windows Live, Facebook, MySpace and Flickr.
Also launched is Windows Marketplace for Mobile, which offers an easy way to find and purchase high-quality mobile applications for their Windows equipped phones, including important line-of-business applications for work, as well as popular mobile applications such as Facebook and MySpace, and games such as Sudoku, ‘Guitar Hero World Tour' and Pac Man.