AMD issues Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition software update
FYI, this story is more than a year old
AMD has launched the next generation of its Radeon software suite, called Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition.
Gamers, creators, and enthusiasts that use AMD graphics cards are able to download the new software, which features a fully redesigned gaming application with a bunch of new features.
A Game Center essentially brings all your games together in one space, regardless of which online platform you use. Of course, the platform also allows users to set and configure software settings for each game, and more.
Other features include a new Radeon Boost feature to enhance gameplay, Integer Display Scaling technology that means old games look better on modern displays, and a bunch of image enhancements like Radeon Image Sharpening, Radeon Anti-Lag and more.
Or as AMD’s corporate vice president of software development Andrej Zdravkovic puts it, “With each Radeon Software release, we laser-focus on bringing innovative features gamers demand, significant performance improvements, and the ultimate in software stability and reliability.”
“AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition takes gaming on Radeon graphics to the next level with breathtaking visual quality, faster performance, and a host of unique, must-have features that dramatically improve the overall user experience.”
AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition provides gamers with several new and improved features, including:
- Radeon Boost – Delivers up to a 23% average performance boost during fast-motion gaming scenarios by dynamically reducing image resolution, increasing framerates and fluidity, and bolstering responsiveness with little to no perceptible change in image quality. Radeon Boost will be supported in numerous top games at launch, with additional titles added over time.
- AMD Link – Featuring an updated interface that matches the new desktop application look and feel, the AMD Link mobile application now allows users to take game streaming to mobile devices outside of their homes, enabling high-quality PC gameplay on phones or tablets from anywhere.
- Integer Display Scaling – Scales on-screen images from one pixel to four or more, giving classic games a retro, pixel-art style look with ultra-crisp scaling options for high-PPI displays without a performance penalty.
- DirectML Media Filters – Visual noise reduction and upscaling filters utilize machine learning to clean up photo and video files, delivering better quality than traditional de-noise and upscale filters.
- Radeon Image Sharpening and Radeon Anti-Lag– Radeon Image Sharpening adds support for DirectX 11 games in addition to DX 9, DX 12, and Vulkan titles, and the feature now allows an adjustment for users to select the degree of sharpness. Radeon Anti-Lag adds support for DX 9 titles on pre-Radeon RX 5000 series graphics cards.
AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition is available now from AMD’s website.