Mobile World Congress 2017: Samsung unveils new tablets and VR with controller
Samsung has introduced the Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 and the Galaxy Book at Mobile World Congress, which kicked off this week in Barcelona.
“The Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 and the Galaxy Book are stylishly designed tablets with advanced computing technology, both offering a premium mobile experience,” Samsung says.
“For digital content enthusiasts, the Galaxy Tab S3 delivers superior video and gaming experiences along with versatile usage as a productivity tool, while the Galaxy Book gives professionals enhanced computing power for work and play,” it explains.
• HDR (High Dynamic Range) Video Content: Galaxy Tab S3 and Galaxy Book 12-inch support videos in HDR (10bit colored) for true-to-life colors and vivid digital content.
• Samsung Flow: Samsung Flow makes working on the go seamless. For a safe and secure login, Samsung Flow uses biometric authentication to log-in and can wirelessly tether compatible devices to transfer documents from a mobile device to a tablet. It also syncs message notifications so users never miss an important text message whether they're using a smartphone or their tablet.
• Refined S Pen*: For a natural writing experience, the S Pen has a smaller 0.7mm tip and increased pressure sensitivity. The S Pen also includes convenient features such as Screen Off Memo to quickly jot down notes, PDF Annotation for easy editing and professional-level drawing with Advanced Drawing Tools.
“At Samsung, we are committed to expanding the boundaries of the mobile and computing experience by providing best-in-class products that satisfy mobile users' diverse needs and demands,” says DJ Koh, president of Mobile Communications Business, Samsung Electronics.
“Our new tablet portfolio is built with premium technology that delivers a productive and versatile experience to consumers, designed for users at home, work or on the go.
The tech giant made several announcements at the world-renowned event, introducing the new Gear VR with Controller, powered by Oculus.
The new Gear VR with Controller marks Samsung's first-ever Gear VR headset with a controller.
“The new device expands Samsung's virtual reality ecosystem and makes it easier for consumers to enjoy Gear VR experiences,” the company says.
“For optimal play and convenience, the Controller features an ergonomic, curved design, offering convenient one-hand control and better motion interaction with minimized head movement for a comfortable user experience.
Gear VR features:
• Various Motion Input for a Better VR Experience –The Touchpad provides quicker selection and interaction in VR apps, enabling various forms of motion, including the ability to point, drag and drop, tilt, shoot, among other actions, while the Trigger allows for enhanced gaming experiences.
• Minimized Movement for Long-time Use –The Home, Volume and Back keys located on the Controller give users everything they need in easy reach so that they can keep their focus on immersive content. • A Secure Grip for Comfortable Play –Even during the most active movements, the Controller's wrist strap offers a secure grip for comfortable and secure play.
“At Samsung, we are focused on setting and exceeding the standard for VR experiences, making them even more accessible and delivering the highest in quality,” says Younghee Lee, executive vice president of Mobile Communications Business, Samsung Electronics. “The Gear VR with Controller expands our VR ecosystem to help consumers get more engaged and immersed in VR content – whether it's games or videos.
No local pricing has been made available at time of writing.
Samsung also announced it will unveil the newest Galaxy on March 29.
“The forthcoming addition to the Galaxy lineup represents the start of a new era, by reshaping the device that has over the years become an indispensable tool in our everyday lives,” Samsung says.