A decade after the launch of the first Galaxy S, Samsung Electronics has launched its latest range of smartphones: the Galaxy S10.
With three unique devices, the Galaxy S10 range is engineered to meet the needs of today's smartphone market, so consumers can do more of what they love.
Each device delivers innovations in the categories consumers care about most: display, camera and performance.
The Galaxy S10 is designed for those who want a premium smartphone with powerful performance and sets the stage for the next generation of mobile experiences.
For consumers looking for a supercharged device, Galaxy S10+ takes every specification – from display, to camera, to performance – to the next level.
Galaxy S10e is built for those who want all the premium essentials in a compact package.
Featuring the all-new Dynamic AMOLED display, next-generation camera, and intelligent performance, the Galaxy S10 line offers consumers more choices and sets a new standard for the smartphone.
“Since its launch ten years ago, the Galaxy S series has stood for premium innovation – offering consumers an incredible experience, and the ability to find the device that's right for them,” says Samsung Electronics IT and mobile communications division president and CEO DJ Koh.
“Galaxy S10 builds on that incredible legacy, and delivers breakthrough display, camera, and performance innovations. With three premium devices, each built for a unique consumer in mind, Samsung is leveraging a decade of industry leadership to usher in a new era of smartphone technology.
Introducing the Dynamic AMOLED Display: Full-screen experience with ultrasonic fingerprint scanner
Galaxy S10 is made with Samsung's best screen yet, the world's first Dynamic AMOLED display.
As the first HDR10+ certified smartphone, the display delivers vivid digital content, and with dynamic tone mapping, you'll see a wider range of colour for a brilliant, realistic picture.
Galaxy S10's Dynamic AMOLED display is also VDE-certified for vibrant bright colours and the industry's best contrast ratio on a mobile device for even deeper blacks and brighter whites.
Verified by DisplayMate, you'll also enjoy the world's most accurate colours on a mobile device – even in harsh sunlight.
The Dynamic AMOLED display also reduces blue light through its TÜV Rheinland-certified Eye Comfort display 6 without compromising picture quality or adding a Filter.
Galaxy S10 packs an array of sensors and camera technology into its Infinity-O Display – to maximise screen real estate while minimising distractions.
Galaxy S10's Dynamic AMOLED display also includes an embedded Ultrasonic Fingerprint Scanner 7 that reads the 3D contours of your physical thumbprint – not a 2D image of it – for accurate and intuitive security.
With the world's first FIDO Alliance Biometric Component certification, this next generation biometrics authentication offers vault-like security to keep your device safe.
Building on Samsung's camera leadership of Dual Pixel and Dual Aperture firsts, Galaxy S10 introduces new camera technology and advanced intelligence that makes it easy to take great shots and videos:
- Ultra-Wide Lens: A first for the S Series, Galaxy S10 offers an Ultra-Wide Lens with a 123-degree field of view, better than the human eye, so thecaptures what you see plus more. Perfect for impressive landscape shots, big panoramas and even fitting the entire extended family into the photo, the Ultra-Wide Lens ensures that you'll always be able to capture the full scene.
- Super Steady - High-Quality Video Recording: Galaxy S10 offers Super Steady recording with digital stabilisation technology. Whether you're dancing in the middle of an amazing concert or trying to record every detail of a bumpy bike ride, Super Steady allows you to capture the moment. Both front and rear cameras can shoot in up-to UHD quality, and in an industry first, the rear camera gives you the flexibility to record in HDR10+.
- AI Camera: Galaxy S10 makes already smart features more accurate with a Neural Processing Unit (NPU) so you can get pro-grade shots worth sharing without having to manually select any advanced camera settings. Scene Optimiser can now recognise and more accurately process additional scenes because of the NPU. With Shot Suggestion, Galaxy S10 also offers automatic composition recommendations so you canyour photo better than ever.
Intelligent performance features to help you get the most out of your phone
Galaxy S10 is built with premium hardware and machine-learning-based software that works hard, so you don't have to.
From brand new power-sharing capabilities to AI-powered performance enhancement and Intelligent Wi-Fi, Galaxy S10 is Samsung's most intelligent device yet, from the inside out.
- Wireless PowerShare: Samsung introduces Wireless PowerShare on Galaxy S10, making it possible to easily charge Qi-certified devices. The Galaxy S10's Wireless PowerShare will also charge compatible wearable devices. In addition, while connected to a regular charger, Galaxy S10 is capable of charging itself while simultaneously charging a second device via Wireless PowerShare, enabling you to leave your second charger at home while on a trip.
- Intelligent Performance: The new AI software on the Galaxy S10 automatically optimises battery, CPU, RAM, and even device temperature based on how you use your phone, and continues to learn and get better over time. Leveraging AI-capabilities, Galaxy S10 also learns how you use your device to launch your most frequently used apps faster.
- Intelligent Wi-Fi: Galaxy S10 comes with Intelligent Wi-Fi that allows for an uninterrupted and safe connection by seamlessly switching between Wi-Fi and LTE, as well as alerting you of potentially risky Wi-Fi connections. Galaxy S10 is also Wi-Fi 6 10 ready, making it possible for better Wi-Fi performance when connected to a compatible router.
- Bixby Routines: On Galaxy S10, Bixby automates your routines and provides personalised recommendations to make your life easier. With pre-set and personalised routines, such as Driving and Before Bed routines, which are customised based on your habits, Galaxy S10 makes things simpler by automatically reducing device touches and cutting steps out of your day.
The best comes standard: Galaxy foundation and next level ecosystem
The Galaxy S10 line offers everything you have come to expect from the Galaxy S series and more—including Fast Wireless Charging 2.0, IP68 water and dust resistance, a next-generation processor and Samsung services like Bixby, Samsung Health and Samsung DeX.
You will get the largest storage capacity available on a Galaxy device with 1TB of built-in storage and the ability to add an additional 512GB microSD card for up to 1.5TB.
- Speed: Galaxy S10 lets you access next-generation Wi-Fi 6 16 , which will give you prioritised and four times faster access 17 over other users in crowded areas, like an airport. Experience lightning fast LTE for downloading and browsing capable of up to 2.0 Gbps for the first time ever.
- Gaming: Engineered for the best possible gaming experience, Galaxy S10 is built with AI-based on-device gaming performance optimisation software and premium hardware including Dolby Atmos for gaming mode and the Galaxy S10+ includes a vapour chamber cooling system so your phone stays cooler while you play harder. Galaxy S10 is also the first mobile device to be optimised for games created on the Unity platform.
- Security: Galaxy S10 is built with defence-grade Samsung Knox, as well as a secure storage backed by hardware, which houses your private keys for blockchain-enabled mobile services.
Galaxy S10 availability - pre-ordering
Galaxy S10e will be available in Prism Black and Canary Yellow. Galaxy S10 and Galaxy S10+ will be available in Prism White, Prism Black and Prism Green. Galaxy S10+ will also be available in Porcelain White, a stunning premium ceramic material only available in 1TB and 512GB memory variants.
The Galaxy S10, Galaxy S10+ and Galaxy S10e will be available in New Zealand stores and online.
beginning March 8, 2019. Pricing starts at $1299.00 for Galaxy S10e, $1499.00 for Galaxy S10 and $1699.00 for Galaxy S10+. Preorders for the Galaxy S10, Galaxy S10+ and Galaxy S10e begin from February 22, 2019. For a limited time, consumers will receive a free pair of Galaxy Buds (RRP $299) when they pre-order. Listen to your favourite music on the go, and up your fitness game, when you get your hands on the Galaxy S10 before anyone else.