Data protection firm Acronis has updated its True Image Cloud and True Image 2016 backup solutions.
According to the company, customer feedback that highlighted a huge demand of offloading data lead to the update.
Acronis’ backup solutions are designed for personal and home office use. The company has seen an increase in demand for shifting data from a local machine, smartphone or tablet to the cloud due to space constraints.
The update also includes user interface improvements and family data protection futures designed to make it easier to manage the backup and recovery of multiple PCs, Macs, smart phones and tablets.
“We updated the latest release of Acronis True Image based on input from customers who told us that the two most common data protection problems that families face today are damaged or lost devices, and running out of disk space on their devices,” says Gaidar Magdanurov, general manager, consumer business, Acronis.
“Just in time for the holidays, the latest Acronis True Image makes it easier than ever for the family IT manager to protect multiple devices and keep all their precious photos and data safe this season,” he says.
“You can also make sure you never run out of space to take pictures with our simplified data offloading feature that quickly moves pictures to the cloud, rather than storing them on your device.”
Acronis True Image provides complete data protection for computers, including pictures, videos, documents, applications, passwords, settings, and the entire operating system.
Acronis True Image Cloud features unlimited cloud storage for backups and a centralised dashboard that lets one person manage the backup and recovery of multiple devices, including PCs and Macs, and mobile phone and tablets, including Android, iPhone, and iPad devices and Windows tablets, for a family or home office.
Acronis True Image Cloud provides complete protection against data loss disasters and mishaps, including accidental file deletions and user errors, as well as damaged devices, loss and theft.
Acronis True Image is powered by the Acronis AnyData Engine, a set of powerful data protection technologies enabling advanced and reliable backup and disk management tools, including:
· Full Image Backup – provides block-level copying of data that allows users to create an exact replica of computer hard disks. Users have a choice to back-up only specific folders or make a complete replica of a disk.
· Universal Restore – allows users to restore a full image backup to new PCs or Mac computers, including to dissimilar hardware, and migrate the complete operating system, applications and data over to the new disk or new computer.
· Rapid Upload – balances network resource consumption to ensure maximum utilisation of available network bandwidth for fast backup upload of data, without disrupting the user’s current work and experience.
· Try & Decide – provides a controlled, temporary environment to safely test new software, drivers, and system configurations with an ability to safely roll-back to a stable, previous system configuration in the event of technical and performance issues, or security threats like a virus or malware.
· Clone Disk – creates an exact replica of a disk drive, which is useful for a complete migration of data from one drive to another, and for making multiple disk drive replicas of the same content.