Kiwi app developer PikPok is celebrating, after their original title Into the Dead passed the ten million download mark today.
Available for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Android, the Wellington-based digital games publisher credits a team effort with the success.
“We have been extremely pleased with the critical reception of the game, as well as reaching such a large and rapidly growing number of gamers with a new IP," says Mario Wynands, managing director, PikPok.
"I’m very proud of the team and process we have built that has been able to have repeat success, and look forward to seeing how our upcoming releases will be received."
The Into the Dead App throws you into the gruesome world of the zombie apocalypse where there are no second chances.
Games are asked the question: "Do what you have to stay alive? Keep moving as fast as you can, and protect yourself by any means necessary. When the Dead are rising, run!"
Further features of the app includes:
· Intense gameplay with stunning visuals and sound depicting a grim zombie apocalypse
· The ability to unlock an arsenal of powerful weapons and perks to help you stay alive
· Multiple modes, missions, minigoals that provide constant challenges to overcome
· Challenges to test your skill competing against friends
· Ongoing updates to deliver new modes, features, and content